Soup Season is approaching!!! Once we get past the fake-out Fall weather, my Instant Pot becomes my best friend! One of my family’s favorites is the Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
5 fast facts about me since I am not a fan of long-winded stories before recipes:
- I love my Instant Pot.
- This is my first recipe article (Submission? Writing?)
- I love soup.
- I hate canned soup.
- I love dark meat.
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs (or chicken breasts if you prefer)
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
- 5 carrots (chopped)
- 5 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (diced or chopped)
- 6-8 oz of egg noodles
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or your cooking oil of choice)
- Turn instant pot to sauté setting (I am using an 8-quart Instant Pot). Add cooking oil to heated pan then add veggies and garlic. Stir until tender. This part is optional because I have definitely dropped raw veggies in soup and let them cook with everything else when short on time. (Busy parent tip: you can by pre-chopped veggies and garlic AND you can add or remove as many veggies as you like)
- Next, add 4 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of water to your cooked veggies.
- Add your chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Sophisticated palate tip: add other herbs and spices such as dill, thyme, or oregano for a more flavorful soup)
- Secure lid and pressure cook on high (or use soup setting) for 14 minutes.
- Once done, release pressure after about 15 minutes (Instant Pot tip: be aware of your surroundings when releasing. Cabinets have been stained from steam!)
- Using forks (or shredding utensils), shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Returning your Instant Pot to the sauté setting, allow soup to boil and add your egg noodle (I LOVE extra wide egg noodles)
- Stir until noodles are softened to your liking!
- Enjoy your soup!