My husband and I are fortunate enough to say that both of our grandmothers are still with us today. They are both in their own unique way, the matriarchs that hold each of our families together. It’s been a crazy year and a half and now more than ever, it’s important to both of us that we show our appreciation for grandparents. This year we are planning something GRAND for each of our grandmothers.
Here are 8 simple ways to make your own GRAND gesture on Grandparents Day!
- Change your social media profile photo to showcase your grandparents.
- Read together. Buy a book for your grandparents. Have them read it to your kids.
- Cook together. Make them their favorite meal. Develop or try a new recipe together.
- Record a video with your grandparents. Ask them questions so future generations can watch & learn later.
- Walk down memory lane. Go through old photos or boxes together.
- Document your family tree. Start a family project where you paint or draw each family members hands on a tree.
- Make a family time capsule. Gather current newspaper clippings or favorite photos to be looked at a later time.
- Plant a tree in honor of your grandparents and watch it grow.
What GRAND gesture will you do to celebrate Grandparents’ Day? Share with us using #MomsAroundLouisville!